A Payroll Officer performs various complex accounting functions, including processing payroll, developing reports by researching and gathering relevant information, maintaining confidential payroll records, filing payroll tax returns, collecting and reporting financial information for use in audits and budget development.
Typical duties of a Payroll Officer include:
- doing timesheet calculations and data entry
- benefit deduction calculation and maintenance
- manual checks
- pay increases
- workers’ compensation payments
- direct deposit submissions
- distributes pay cheques
- processes payroll audits, unemployment claims, employment verifications, sick & vacation accruals and employee correspondence
- maintains accurate records and filing system
A Payroll Officer must have qualifications that reflect their knowledge of financial record keeping, bookkeeping and accounting principles and practices. They must also be fluent in policies and procedures, Microsoft Office suite, record keeping, filing and records management.
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Payroll Officer, cover letter and resume.