A Film Producer coordinates and supervises the processes and professionals required to make movies. Their role includes managing:
- hiring film-making professionals
- arranging for distributors to view and purchase the film
- arranging for film screenings in competitions and festivals
A Film Producer is involved from the beginning to the end of the film-making and distribution process. While the Director receives the greatest creative accolades, it is the Producer who is responsible for the majority of creative and business decisions.
A Film Producer’s duties include:
- handling contracts, budgets and schedules
- persuading distributors and festival organisers to screen the film
- solve conflicts on or off the film set
- schedule and supervise meeting with production and post production personnel
- approve advertising campaigns
- arrange and supervise media appearances by film personalities (including the Film Director and Actors)
- reading and approving scripts
- attend networking events, conferences and creative agencies
- watch screen tests and auditions to select and approve Actors and Performers
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Film Producer, cover letter and resume. You might also be interested in our profile of marketing jobs.