A Graphic Designers assembles images, typography or motion graphics to create a memorable and cohesive product. Their work may be used to promote products or services; illustrate written articles; as a print on clothing or textiles; on websites or in galleries.
The increasing reliance on visual media to represent individuals and groups has resulted in a greater need for qualifications and design expertise across a variety of traditional and new media. A degree or certificate is usually considered a requisite for a Graphic Design position.
A portfolio of work is essential to demonstrate a Graphic Designer’s style, experience, skill in variety of drawing and design media, and ability to work to client briefs.
Graphic Designers may also hold the following occupations:
- Creative Director (in charge of a team producing artwork for advertisements or products)
- Art Director (managing the relationship between the creative team and the client)
- Art Production Manager (supervise the production of artwork)
- Brand identity developer (concerned with the visual identity of the client)
- Logo Designer (expresses the value and nature of the client through an image)
- Illustrator (represent an idea or story through 2D or 3D images)
- Multimedia Developer (applies design or illustration skills to motion, sound or interactive media)
- Package Designer (applies design skills to product packaging, including bags or wrapping paper)
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Graphic Designer, cover letter and resume. You might also be interested in our profile of marketing jobs.