The popularity of television shows such as Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance has given greater prominence to the role of Choreographers in producing danceworks. Choreographers are responsible for designing the movements, behaviour, feel and storyline of a dance or even the footwork and movements of an action scene in movies or television.
They rely on an excellent knowledge of dance moves, either classical or modern, physical movement, musical timing and physical expression.
- create original dances or develop new interpretations of existing works
- work in theatres, dance schools, dance and movie studios, or fashion shows
- audition performers and dancers for parts
- lead rehearsals, including demonstrating moves and techniques
- assist in the design and creation of costumes
- assist in music and lighting coordination
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Choreographer, cover letter and resume.