An Architect designs new buildings, extensions or alterations to existing buildings. They may also advise on the restoration and conservation of heritage-listed properties. Architects may work on individual buildings or on large redevelopment schemes.
Excellent communication and relationship-building skills are required, as Architects work closely with their clients to ensure that designs meet the requirements of their client, in terms of functionality, appearance and adherence to budget.
Usually, an Architect controls a project from start to finish, collaborating with various construction professionals, including surveyors and engineers, builders and interior designers.
Typical work duties for an Architect include:
- discussing the desired outcome, requirements and budget of a project
- consulting with construction and design professionals to ensure economical and functional integrity of proposed designs
- preparing and delivering reports and proposals to the client
- assisting in site selection
- using technical design and project management applications, including computer-aided design (CAD) software and 3D modelling to test the functionality and practicality of designs
- designing and arranging construction within budget and to negotiated deadlines
- specifying materials required
- preparing applications for planning and building control departments
- visiting building sites to monitor progress and reporting back to clients
- resolving conflicts or concerns that arise during construction
- ensuring environmental impact is as limited as possible
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Architecture , cover letter and resume.