A Carpenter is a skilled craftsman who uses trade-specific tools to undertake a range of tasks relating to installing and repairing carpentry work.
- knowledge of residential construction and remodelling practices and procedures
- knowledge of techniques, tools and equipment commonly used
- knowledge of materials, specifications, quality control and safety matters
- proficiency in stain-grade trim work
- proficiency in set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and rafters
- ability to read blueprints and use appropriate maths skills
- ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- ability to complete reports and timesheets accurately and by due deadlines
Carpenters may be required to work at height, crawl or scale distances and carry heavy tools or materials. A reliable degree of physical fitness is essential.
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Carpenter, cover letter and resume.