An Interior Designer is responsible for the design or renovation of internal spaces, including structural alterations, furnishings, fixtures and fittings, lighting and colour palettes. They may also undertake design and feasibility studies for commercial, leisure and domestic properties.
Interior Designers work across a variety of commercial and domestic projects. Common to every project is the need to establish an efficient and functional use of the space that meets the aesthetic specifications of the client, either private or commercial.
Interior Designers may work in:
- retail and commercial locations, including shopping centres and cafes
- offices and warehouses
- leisure spaces, including gymnasiums, cinemas, hotels and resorts
- residential developments
- private homes
- museums and cultural buildings
Typical activities of an Interior Designer include:
- meeting with clients to discuss their aesthetic and functional specifications
- developing design concepts in consultation with clients and gaining final approval
- estimating materials and costs and ensuring the plans meet a set budget and timeline
- research and present materials, plans, photos and sketches to clients
- establish dependable and economical suppliers
- develop detailed designs, plans, models and schemes using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- identify new business markets
- keep up to date with trends and developments in interior design and homewares
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Interior Designer, cover letter and resume.