A Childcare Assistant provides care and supervision for pre-school children in a childcare or child development facility, under the direct supervision of senior staff members who plan and supervise activities for children.
- assist in supervising children during play activities, indoors and outdoors
- assist in feeding, dressing, sleeping, washing and other activities
- follow the guidance of senior staff in delivering development-oriented experiences and activities for children (eg. painting, counting, singing, etc.)
- provides feedback and information to parents or carers on child’s progress
- assists in the cleaning and organisation of the classroom, equipment, supplies and playing areas
Childcare Assistants are required to undergo a Working With Children check and due to recent policy changes, are required to hold minimum qualifications in Childcare. These may vary according to region and locality.
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Childcare Assistant job resume, cover letter and resume.