The Faculty Head provides administrative and academic leadership to the Faculty, ensuring that staff engage with the institution’s goals and objectives. They will develop and install strategies that enhance the morale and performance of the Faculty as a whole.
The Faculty Head is responsible for:
- management of the Faculty’s allocated resources
- delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- supporting and developing research programs
- supervision of academic staff within the Faculty
- supervising student issues including examinations, appeals and misconduct procedures, credit transfers and awards
- establishing performance indicators for the Faculty and implementing regular reviews
- developing partnership opportunities with business and community organisations to enhance research and course quality
The Faculty Head also manages the recruitment and mentoring of academic staff. They are also answerable to various committees, including the Faculty Assessment Board, Budget Advisory Group, Research Committee and the Academic Committee.
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Faculty Head, cover letter and resume.