University Lecturers prepare and deliver informative and engaging lectures to students either on campus or via video or other technology.
Their tasks include
- assessing student assignments and grading them accordingly
- planning and developing an appropriate curriculum
- supervise research students and monitor individuals progress
- organise and supervise field trips or excursions
- research a specialised field of study and publish findings in books or academic journals
- attend meetings and conferences regarding student curriculum, research, departmental administration, budget and policy matters
- communicate with students face to face, via telephone, email or online social media
- represent the university at education exhibitions
- conceptualise and create relevant course material
The Government has indicated that it expects job prospects for University Lecturers to grow strongly, with the majority of roles being full-time. University Lecturers work across many fields, including:
- Computing and Programming
- Physical Education
- Media and Advertising
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding School Principal, cover letter and resume.