A Vocational Counsellor may work across a variety of academic environments to assist students and graduates in making decisions that enhance their career prospects and set them in the right direction to finding work that meets their short and longer term goals.
Typical duties of a Vocational Counsellor include:
- identifying a student or graduate’s vocational strengths, values and suitability
- identifying potential areas of work and/or employers that will provide fulfilling work
- influencing career decision making
- designing effective resumes and providing cover letter and interview advice
- directing students and graduates toward online and other resources that may assist them in finding fulfilling work
- providing advice on changing careers and handling job loss
- meeting with potential employers and agencies to discuss opportunities
- keeping up to date with career and workplace trends, laws and policies
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Vocational Counsellor, cover letter and resume.