A Mechanical Engineer uses their knowledge of engineering principles to deliver optimal solutions in the development of processes and products ranging from small components through to major plant, machinery or vehicle designs.
Mechanical Engineers can work on all stages of a product, from the initial research through to the manufacturing and installation phases.
The majority of industries rely on mechanical systems, hence there are an enormous range of environments and occupations available to a qualified Mechanical Engineer. In fact, this field is considered to be one of the most diverse of the engineering disciplines.
Common duties include:
- designing cost-effective equipment to enable safe and reliable operational processes
- develop project specification in unison with colleagues
- develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs
- produce specification documents and designs
- use research, analytical and conceptual skills
- operate mathematical and computer-aided design tools
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Mechanical Engineering, cover letter and resume.