The Chief Information Officer of a company is responsible for major decisions regarding the IT systems employed within the company. It is their task to define, update and implement a well-researched IT strategy that is aligned with the company’s objectives.
Key tasks of a Chief Information Officer include:
- aligning the IT department with a company’s performance objectives
- overseeing the effective performance of the IT system within budget
- acquiring software and hardware
- limit any risks associated with IT, including implementing dependable security safeguards
- report to the CEO and board of directors on the IT systems and staff
- assist in any auditing activities
- ensure that all regulatory and legal policies are adhered to by internal and external stakeholders
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Chief Information Officer, cover letter and resume.