A General Practitioner treats acute and chronic illnesses and provides preventive care and health education for all ages and both sexes. A General Practitioner needs to be skilled in treating people with multiple health issues.
A General Practitioner’s jobs includes:
- conducting examinations and questioning patients to diagnose disorders or illnesses
- records patients' medical information
- orders and performs laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic tests
- analyses results
- provides overall care for patients and prescribes and administers treatments, medications
- inoculates patients to prevent diseases
- advises patients health matters
- provides pre and post-natal care
- reports births, deaths and notifiable diseases to government authorities
- refers patients to medical specialists
- arranges the admission of patients to hospital
- may deliver babies or perform minor surgical procedures
The entry requirements for General Practitioner jobs are a bachelor degree or higher qualification and one year’s hospital-based training. Registration or licensing is required.
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding General Practitioner cover letter and resume.