Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (ob/gyns) specialise in women’s health. Their responsibilities include general medical care for women, medical care related to pregnancy and the reproductive system. Obstetricians and Gynaecologists are concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of health problems, focusing on the female anatomy. Obstetricians and Gynaecologists specialise in childbirth, treating and counselling women during their pregnancy and to post natal care. Obstetricians and Gynaecologists track the health of, and treat, both mother and child during pregnancy.
Obstetricians and Gynaecologists jobs include:
- giving advice to women on their health
- monitoring women throughout pregnancy including reading ultrasounds, monitoring blood pressure, checking blood sugar levels and giving general medical exams
- performing caesarean sections if necessary
- giving newborns their first medical examinations Post-Delivery
- monitoring post-delivery medical problems
- diagnoses and treats diseases and disorders of female
- examining patient to determine medical problem
- prescribes treatment and medication
- working with nurses, midwives and other health care staff
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Obstetricians and Gynaecologists cover letter and resume.