An Ophthalmologist is a medical doctor specialising in eye and vision care. Ophthalmologists prescribe glasses and contact lenses and may perform delicate eye surgery.
Ophthalmologists have formal training in all eye care, including prevention, diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of eye conditions and diseases. An Ophthalmologist may specialise in a specific field of eye care including:
- the diagnosis and management of diseases of the cornea, sclera, conjunctiva and eyelids
- the treatment of disorders that may cause optic nerve damage in both pediatric and adult patients
- the relationship between neurologic and ophthalmic diseases, also dealing with local pathology affecting the optic nerve and visual pathways
- ophthalmic pathology
- orbital surgery, lid and upper facial reconstructive procedures following trauma and tumors and cosmetic lid surgery
- the medical and surgical treatment of retinal and vitreoretinal disease diagnostic method involves the interpretation of ultrasound, fluorescein angiography and electrophysiology
Ophthalmologists may perform treatment methods such as laser therapy, cryotherapy and retinal detachment surgery.
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Ophthalmologist cover letter and resume.