An Optometrist is a health care professional who is formally qualified and licensed to provide primary eye care services.
An Optometrist’s job may include:
- examination and diagnosis of eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal diseases
- diagnosis of related body wide conditions such as hypertension and diabetes that may affect the eyes
- examination, diagnosis and treatment of visual conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism and presbyopia
- to prescribe glasses, contact lenses, rehabilitation and medications as well as perform minor surgical procedures such as the removal of foreign bodies
- working with other health professionals to co-manage patients when required
- prescribing therapeutic drugs
- monitor patients' vision and ocular health with the use of computerised vision tests
- eye screenings for the purposes of determining occupational fitness, or fitness to drive
Optometrists also provide preoperative and postoperative care to patients undergoing laser vision correction or other eye surgery.
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Optometrist cover letter and resume.