An Orthodontist examines, diagnoses, and treats abnormalities in development of jaws, position of teeth, and other dental-facial structures. An Orthodontist designs and constructs devices, such as space maintainers, retainers, and labial and lingual arch wires, to change the position and relationship of teeth and jaws, to align teeth to produce and maintain normal function.
An Orthodontist’s job includes:
- recognising the various dentofacial deformities
- diagnose the problem, including the etiology
- design a treatment based on the specific needs and desires of the client
- inform the client of the treatment strategy so they fully understand the outcome and treatment
- design and fitting of devices for realignment of teeth
- working with dentists, dental technicians, dental nurses and other health professionals
Orthodontists need to have completed formal education in dentistry and additional training on the oral and facial area and the alignment of jaw and teeth.
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Orthodontist cover letter and resume.