Osteopaths provide diagnosis, treatment and preventative advice associated with the musculoskeletal system of the body. An Osteopath’s job involves using manual techniques to relieve musculoskeletal stresses and dysfunction to improve the patient’s health and wellbeing.
Osteopaths may perform the following tasks:
- diagnose patients' using information from case histories and physical examinations
- order X-rays, CT scans and diagnostic tests
- treat patients using various manual techniques such as muscle relaxation, gentle mobilisation or manipulation
- treat biomechanical problems (sports injuries, arthritis and repetitive strain injuries), and a variety of general medical problems
- treat children for the after-effects of birth trauma and childhood accidents
- develop exercise and nutritional programs for individual patients
Osteopaths work with dietitians, dentists, medical practitioners, naturopaths and podiatrists.
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Osteopath cover letter and resume.