Anaesthetic Technicians ensure that the equipment and workstations used by the Specialist Anaesthetist are in perfect working order. They assist the Anaesthetist in administering anaesthesia prior to medical procedures.
Their key duties include:
- setting up and maintaining anaesthetic workstations, life support machines and other equipment
- ordering and preparing medical supplies
- discussing medical procedures with patients and establishing whether there are any medical conditions that may cause problems under anaesthesia
- assist in inserting breathing tubes and intravascular tubes
- assist the Anaesthetist in administering anaesthesia
- monitor patients’ vital signs prior to, during and after procedures
- assist in emergency situations
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Anaesthetic Technician cover letter and resume.