A Court Officer provides security for prisoners, witnesses, jurors, court staff and the public who are attending the courtroom. They are responsible for protecting the privacy and safety of judges.
Key duties of a Court Officer are:
- inspecting courtrooms, lobbies, lockups and jury meeting rooms to check for risks or unauthorised devices
- subdue or disarm dangerous individuals
- locate trial participants and inform them of actions involving them
- hold defendants in custody
- collect, receive and maintain documents needed in court
- ensures adherence to court guidelines on noise, food, smoking, photography and note taking
- provides court approved information regarding procedures to the public, witnesses, litigants and defendants
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Court Officer cover letter and resume.