Petroleum Engineers are engaged in nearly every stage of oil and gas field evaluation, development and production. Their role is essential in hydrocarbon recovery at minimum cost that occurs with the least environmental impact as possible.
The typical duties of a Petroleum Engineer include:
- analysing subsurface structures to locate hydrocarbons
- optimising oil and gas production through the effective placement of wells and oil recovery techniques
- selecting and operating surface equipment that separates fluids (oil, natural gas and water)
- overseeing the technical aspects of drilling production and injection wells
- working alongside geoscientists, production and reservoir engineers and drilling teams
- meeting with clients to keep them informed of progress
- ensuring optimal maintenance of equipment
IS MY CV can help you create an outstanding Petroleum Engineer cover letter and resume.